Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap

I love my family.

Aurelia and I headed to the Tri-Cities last Wednesday to spend Thanksgiving with my mom's three sisters and company.  I am so thankful for this crew.  These ladies make me feel close to Mom.  I love that my Aunt Judy always talks about how Mom was her best friend, how Aunt Janice and Aunt Karen talk about how much they miss her and what an amazing lady she was, how all three of them share her same smile.  I feel like when I'm with them, I get these glimpses of her through their laughs, their voices, their gestures.  It's not the real deal, but it is refreshing.

And I love that despite the years and many tears, this family has remained close and strong.  In fact, I know we've grown closer and stronger because of the difficult things we've been through.  This time of year is especially hard for the Anderson clan with two deaths around the holidays.  But we're still able to gather around the table (many times, it seems all we do is eat!), and enjoy good food, good laughs, great wine as we create more memories.  I am so blessed to be part of this family.

Table all set and ready for the big meal.

The Gilberts (check out their wine, and they have the best apples)
Cousin Ben playing with a very happy baby

Aunt Judy, Aunt Karen and 2/3 of the triplets making spirits bright

Cousin Sean taking Aurelia on a walk
Aunt Janice always makes this little lady smile


Tune in tomorrow for another installment of something to check off the list.

No comments: