Thursday, September 22, 2011

Do the Puyallup

Yesterday's plan was to spend the afternoon cleaning the house.  How lame is that?  And with the beautiful almost fall/not quite summer weather, who wants to be indoors?  SO, Aurelia and I hopped on the hay wagon and headed to the Puyallup Fair.



For all you non South Sounders, the Puyallup Fair is a big deal kind of fair.  We're talking one of the top 10 BIGGEST fairs in the country.  I had no idea how big it was until I went to the Louisiana State Fair.  It was so itty bitty compared to the Puyallup.

I haven't gone to the fair in 10 years.  Nothing like a decade break to bring on a massive onslaught of memories.

My first concert was at the Puyallup back in fourth grade: Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.  I'm pretty sure I was the ONLY fourth grader in America who had all the Four Season albums.  I was/am a big fan.  I remember being shocked that kids at school weren't jealous when I reported in Ms. Kimizuka's class the next day that not only did I get to stay out past 8 on a school night, but I got to see the Four Seasons!

The first time I was puked on was at the fair.  Now that I'm a mom, this is a fairly regular occurrence.  But when you're in high school and your friend has had too much licorice and root beer before The Octopus, let's just say it wasn't a pretty picture.  I was mortified.

And, of course, my first "date" with The Hawk was at the fair 10 years ago.  I actually got all bubbly and giggly when we talked by the Younglife Teriyaki Booth.


I'm still so silly for that guy.  Just thinking about him makes me blush a little and get the same 19 year old girl grin.  He's my favorite.

We added some new firsts to the list yesterday.


Baby A was a little overwhelmed at times by all the noise, sights and smells.  But she was all smiles for most of her first fair.

And my sister-in-law, who writes over at Something New, tried a deep fried peanut butter cup for her Something New for the day.





I'll let you head on over to her blog to read about her experience with a steaming hot fried chocolate cup.

And I had my first wake up in the middle of the night 'cause I need a tums moment.  My stomach is not as stalwart as it used to be.

Yep, we did the Puyallup in all it's elephant ear, petting zoo, dairy samples, YL BBQ, hobby barn, mutton busting glory.  Can't wait for next year!






No comments: