Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Fog

I suppose it's a given that the adjustment from one kid to two keeps our hands (literally) full.  Life feels foggy right now.  That could be due to lack of sleep.  Or it could be due to having an 18 month old and 1 month old (Happy 1 month Little M!).  It might be due to the fact that Aurelia came down with RSV which quickly became bronchiolitis two weeks ago.  Or it might be that the rest of us, including Marguerite, caught Aurelia's cold in a pretty major way.  Aurelia was all, "Welcome to the world, Sis.  Here's a nice virus for you.  Think that's tough?  I had brain surgery when I was your age!"  And Joey and I have been passing the tissue box and throat lozenges from one bedside table to the other as we pass our sniffles and sore throats back and forth.  I am a little jealous that he gets to take Nyquil, although it hasn't sped up his recovery.  So, yes, foggy is the appropriate descriptor for this season of our life.  It's a happy fog most of the time, full of cuddles and cute kiddos.




Mamaw was in town for the majority of our colds.  I am SO thankful for my mother-in-law.  What a blessing to have her here to help us navigate through this bleary-eyed time!  We didn't have to think about meals or laundry for an entire week.  Baby clothes were organized.  Floors were vacuumed.  Banana pudding was made and consumed.  Coffee was brewed before I rolled out of bed.  It was fantastic, especially on those days when getting out of bed seemed daunting and breathing through my nose was impossible.  But more than having someone to help around the house, I simply love having my mom-in-law around.  Like I said last week, she's one of my favorite people.  I'm thankful that she brews the coffee before I wake up, but I enjoy the conversation while we drink the coffee together most.  And, of course, my kids got their socks loved off with all the kisses and attention.  Aurelia was in heaven!  We were all sad to see her head back home.




Adding to the fog, our schedule has not slowed down.  We postponed and canceled most of our appointments last week when we were sick (and added in three trips to Pediatrics Northwest).  Now we're catching up and making up, including newborn pictures with Jacob Rodenbucher, Little M's one month appointment (53% for weight and the 93% for height), and Kid A's MRI on Friday.  It's a bit of a whirlwind, but I'm glad to get all these appointments done before Joey heads back to work at the end of the month.  I have a feeling the fog will get a little bit thicker when he leaves.  The first time he left after Aurelia was born, I lost my drivers license and checkbook and backed into a parked car all in the same week.  I feel a little more prepared this time and a little less tired.  Hopefully I won't get halfway to MOPS and realize I'm wearing slippers again.  It's all just part of the fog.  

2 comments:

Anna, also known by some as Nong said...

I just love your family an irrational amount. There is nothing else to say. You guys are mommy and daddy warriors and I admire you so much. Plus your babies make my heart melt. Give them extra snuggles from their aunty a. Love you.

Jacob and Carlee Loya said...

I echo the Nong. LOVE the stories, keep 'em comin. and i really love the picture of A kissing you guys in bed. that made me want to die. love you super mom!