Friday, October 28, 2011

Still Here. . . well, kinda

I know, I know.  I have this tendency to drop off the face of the blogosphere.  Just when you think I'm regularly posting, poof!  I'm gone!  There's only one person to blame for this, and it's not me or Baby Hawk (or Baby Hawk #2, for that matter).  Nope, I always have a tough time blogging when Joey gets home.

In the past three weeks since he's been home we've had visitors from Texas and Afghanistan (and some Nebraskans coming next week).  We've traveled to Toronto to meet our adorable new nephew.  We've gone to the cabin.  And we've done a ton of housework, organizing, getting ready for Baby #2 type stuff.  We've drank lots of coffee, stayed in our pjs all day, been way too busy, but also had loads of down time, and had many adventures (with more to come!).

Plus, Aurelia's added Occupational Therapy to her weekly calendar.  She also cut her first two teeth!  And she's slowly starting to scoot on her bottom to get where she wants to go (mainly in circles).  Our Physical Therapist doesn't want her to scoot, our Occupational Therapist says it's unavoidable.  We're just excited that she wants to move!  She's also started to tolerate tummy time a little more.  And she'll even roll from her back to tummy about once a day.  A month ago, I felt like our Early Intervention goal of seeing her crawl by 18 months was such a long shot.  It's still a lofty goal, but I think we might just eek in an army crawl by then.  The important thing is that we're seeing progress, however slow that progress might be.

My favorite part of Joey being home is the mornings.  Our daughter is an early riser.  We are not.  We compromise with her by bringing her into bed with us to snuggle each morning at 6:30.  Of course, to her snuggling means kicking one of us and putting her fingers up our noses.  I love this special part of our day.  I told Joey it feels like Christmas every morning.

There's a brief little look into where we've been for the past few weeks.  Pictures from Toronto and the cabin to come shortly.  In the meantime, I have to prepare for Joey and my last minute getaway this weekend.

No comments: