The other day my washer exploded. Well, technically the outlet blew a fuse in its adaptor and said fuse caught on fire. And it wasn't a huge deal. My neighbor Ruth and I stripped the wire and put a new outlet on it. Being a Kabul housewife can be a dangerous profession! Admittedly, I didn't trust my own electric work and made Joey plug it in when he got home! He's still alive, so apparently I know what I'm doing. Here are some photos of the ordeal. And I went over the outlet with more tap than is shown in the final photo.